General Pest Control
We provide services for treating roaches, ants, spiders, fleas, ticks, bees, wasps, mice, rats, or whatever is bugging you.
Termite Control and Prevention
Featuring traditional barrier treatments as well as the revolutionary Sentricon Termite Colony Elimination System.
Animal Trapping & Exclusion
We provide services for the removal of squirrels, raccoons, birds, bats, ground hogs, skunks and moles. We also install chimney caps to keep weather, debris, and animals out.
Capital City provides services for businesses, factories, restaurants, nursing homes, meat packers, apartments, hotels, and offices. We also provide consulting services for companies who like to do it themselves
PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR BEDBUG TREATMENT HOMES/APARTMENTS
- Bedbug elimination is very difficult at best. The success in this treatment will rely on your full cooperation. You must follow the below instructions as to the preparations for the treatment as well as your actions after the treatment. Depending on the severity of the infestation, several treatments may be necessary. All of the products that will be used for the bedbug treatment are registered and approved by the Environmental Protection Agency and will be used in accordance with the label directions.
- Remove all linens and pillows from beds; place them in a plastic bag leaving the mattress and box springs completely bare. Place all blankets or covers that may be on chairs or sofa’s in a plastic bag(s). Wash all of the above items in hot water and dry on the high dryer setting, this hot setting will produce enough heat to kill the bedbug eggs, nymphs, and adults.
- Never use a plastic bag that clothes are put in more than once. Bedbugs can reside in plastic bags and re-infest clothes or other items that are washed and dried if they are put back into the original bag.
- Pick up all clothing on the floor in the entire home or apartment. These items must be washed as per above.
- Stuffed animals on the bed or other areas inside can be infested with bedbugs, place these in dryer on high setting.
- Any items that are stored under or within 15 feet of the bed can be infested. As an example, tennis shoes that are under or near an infested bed can be infested as well. All items that can be placed in the dryer on the high setting; should be placed in the dryer and ran for a cycle.
- Clothing in closet must be removed and placed in plastic bag(s). Make sure to also remove all items off of the closet floor.
- Clothing in dressers must be washed and dried with high heat.
- Pickup all items from dressers, tables, and desks. These items need to be placed in plastic bags and sealed. Remove items from all drawers, dressers, file cabinets, desks, etc. Leave these drawers empty and pulled out as they will be treated.
- Place all sealed trash bags in the center of the room, we must have access to all baseboards, closets, and furniture.
- Do not place any items on the bed, chairs, or sofa’s as these items will be treated.
- Empty all luggage and place in center of floor.
- Nothing in the kitchen needs prepared; all food in cupboards and refrigerator will not be harmed or affected. Any food that is not in cupboards should be placed on top of the kitchen table.
- Please remove all clutter from the home or apartment as this will hamper our efforts to provide the bedbug treatment and control.
- All occupants and pets must be out of the apartment/ home during the treatment and remain out until the insecticide has completely dried. This process takes approximately 4 hours. Fish aquariums can be left in unit if the owner desires, however; the aquarium must be tightly sealed and the air pump turned off. We are not responsible for any pets/ fish that are left in the unit.
- Occupants returning home may find pictures and mirrors off of the wall, these items are often removed so that we can treat the backs of the frames.
- We will leave information on the front door informing you of the time that we completed the bedbug treatment.
- When occupants return home, we highly recommend placing bed and box springs in plastic encasements prior to reassembling bed and using it. The bed should also be checked to make sure it is dry before reassembling.
- The fabric on the bottom of the box spring of the bed will be removed so treatment can be performed. The fabric will be thrown out. We will not reinstall this material.
- Be aware that bedbugs can be introduced to your home or apartment through normal human activities. The following are a few examples:
- They can be picked up in movie theatres
- They can be picked up on buses.
- They can be brought back home in luggage, book bags, overnight bags, borrowed clothes, and boxes from friend’s apartments or homes, and blankets, pillows or stuffed toys brought home from other places.
- They can be introduced to your home from friends sleeping over so be careful.
Call Us Today At ♦ (614) 436-6200
7445 Oakmeadows Dr
Columbus, OH 43085
Phpne: (614) 436-6200
Please try again
You must enter a vaild 10 digit U.S. phone number
Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone
Capital City Exterminating Co.
7445 Oakmeadows Dr, Columbus
- National Pest Control
- Ohio Pest Control Association
- Pest Control Association of Columbus